9. Annual General Meetings
- Notice of AGMs will be given by the Club Secretary. Not less than 21 clear days’ notice to be given to all members.
- The AGM will receive a report from officers of the Management Committee and a statement of the audited accounts.
- Nominations for officers of the Management Committee will be sent to the Secretary prior to the AGM.
- Elections of officers are to take place at the AGM. All senior members have the right to vote at the AGM.
- The quorum for AGMs will be 45 members.
- The Management Committee has the right to call Extraordinary General Meetings (EGMs) outside the AGM. Procedures for EGMs will be the same as for the AGM.
10. Safeguarding Children
This sports club/organisation is fully committed to safeguarding the wellbeing of its members. Every individual in the club/organisation should, at all times, show respect and understanding for their rights, safety and welfare, and conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles of the organisation and the guidelines provided by our governing body and contained in the Code of Ethics and Good Practice for Children’s Sport.
11. Equity Policy Statement
- This club is committed to ensuring that equity is incorporated across all aspects of its development. In doing so it acknowledges and adopts the following definition of sports equity:
- The club respects the rights, dignity and worth of every person and will treat everyone equally within the context of their sport, regardless of age, ability, gender, race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexuality or social/economic status.
- The club is committed to everyone having the right to enjoy their sport in a healthy environment
12. Discipline and Appeals
All concerns, allegations or reports of poor practice/abuse relating to the welfare of children and young people will be recorded and responded to swiftly and appropriately in accordance with the club’s safeguarding children and young people policy and procedures. The club designated officer is the lead contact for all members in the event of any safeguarding concerns.
All complaints regarding the behaviour of members should be presented and submitted in writing to the Secretary.
The Management Committee will meet to hear complaints within 7 (seven) days of a complaint being lodged. The committee has the power to take appropriate disciplinary action including the termination of membership.
The outcome of a disciplinary hearing should be notified in writing to the person who lodged the complaint and the member against whom the complaint was made within 7 (seven) days of the hearing. There will be the right of appeal to the Management Committee following disciplinary action being announced. The committee should consider the appeal within 7 (seven) days of the Secretary receiving the appeal.