A resolution to dissolve the club can only be passed at an AGM or EGM through a majority vote of the membership.
If, upon the winding up or dissolution of the club, there remains, after the satisfaction of all its debts and liabilities, any property whatsoever, it shall not be paid or distributed among members of the club. Instead, such property shall be given or transferred to some other institution or institutions having main objects similar to the main objects of the club.
The institution or institutions to which the property is to be given or transferred shall prohibit the distribution of its or their income and property among its or their members to an extent at least as great as is imposed on the club under or by virtue of Clause (income and property clause) hereof.
Members of the club shall select the relevant institution or institutions at or before the time of dissolution, and if and so far as effect cannot be given to such provisions, then the property shall be given or transferred to some charitable object.
14. Amendments to the Constitution
The constitution will only be changed through agreement by majority vote at an AGM or EGM.
No addition, alteration or amendment shall be made to the provisions of this Constitution for the time being in force unless the same shall have been previously approved in writing by the revenue commissioners.
15. Income and Property
The income and property of the organisation shall be applied solely towards the promotion of its main object(s) as set forth in the Constitution.
No portion of the organisations income and property shall be paid or transferred directly or indirectly by way of dividend, bonus or otherwise howsoever by way of profit, to the members of the organisation.
No Officer shall be appointed to any office of the organisation paid by salary or fees, or receive any remuneration or other benefit in money or money’s worth from the organisation. However, nothing shall prevent any payment in good faith by the organisation of:
- Reasonable and proper remuneration to any member, Officer or servant of the organisation (not being an officer) for any services rendered to the organisation;
- Interest at a rate not exceeding 5% per annum on money lent by Officers or other members of the organisation to the organisation;
- Reasonable and proper rent for the premises demised and let by any member of the organisation (including an Officer) to the organisation;
- Reasonable and proper out-of–pocket expenses incurred by any Officer in connection with their attendance to any matter affecting the organisation;
- Fees, remuneration or other benefit in money or money’s worth to any Company of which an Officer may be a member holding not more than one hundredth part of the issued capital of such company.
16. Keeping of Accounts
Annual accounts shall be kept and made available to the Revenue Commissioners on request.