Wicklow Archers Code of Conduct for Juniors & Cadets
Wicklow Archers is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all its members. The club believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others.
Juniors & Cadets are encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with the Children’s Officer.
Sports clubs for young people should offer a positive experience where they can learn new things in a safe and positive environment.
As a member of Woodbrook Garden County Archery Club, you are expected to abide by the following Junior code of practice:
Children/young people are expected to:
- Be friendly and particularly welcoming to new members.
- Keep within the defined boundaries of the shooting / waiting area.
- Behave and listen to all instructions from the coach.
- Play within the rules and respect club officials and their decisions.
- Take care of equipment owned by the club or other members.
- Refrain from the use of bad language or racial/sectarian references.
- Refrain from bullying or persistent use of rough and dangerous play.
- Keep to agreed timings for training and competitions or inform their coach or club official if they are going to be late or leave early.
- Wear suitable kit for training and archery sessions, as outlined by the club.
- Pay any fees for training or events promptly.
- Keep themselves and others safe.
- Report inappropriate behaviour or risky situations for youth members.
- Play fairly and be trustworthy.
- Show appropriate loyalty and be gracious in victory or defeat.
- Respect opponents.
- Make your club a fun place to be.
Children/young people have the right to:
- Be listened to.
- Be respected and treated fairly.
- Enjoy your sport in a protective environment.
- Be protected from abuse by other member or outside sources.
- Participate on an equal basis, appropriate to their ability.
- Ask for help.
Any misdemeanours and general misbehaviour will be addressed immediately by a coach or club official and reported verbally to the designated person. Persistent misbehaviour will result in dismissal from the club.
Parents will be informed at all stages. Dismissals can be appealed with final decisions taken by the club committee.
Wicklow Archers Code of Conduct for Parents of Juniors & Cadets
Parents are expected to:
- Complete and return the Health and Consent Form pertaining to their child’s participation with Wicklow Archers Club
- Deliver and collect the child punctually to and from club events / training
- Ensure their child is properly and adequately provisioned with equipment and clothing suitable for the pursuit of archery
- Detail any health concerns pertaining to the child on the consent form, in particular breathing or chest conditions. Any changes in the state of the child’s health should be reported to the children’s officer prior to club sessions
- To inform the club officials prior to departure from the club if child is to be collected early from an archery session
- Encourage their child to play by the rules and teach them that they can only do their best i.e. focus on effort rather than performance
- Ensure their child is punctual
- Observe all safety rules and encourage children to do so also
- Acknowledge the importance and role of the club coaches who provide their time free to ensure children’s participation in the club
- Promote their child’s participation in playing sport for fun
- Not treat the club as a minding service.
Parents/Guardians have the right to:
- Know their child is safe
- Be informed of problems or concerns relating to their children
- Be informed if their child is injured
- Have their consent sought for issues such as trips
- Complain if they have concerns
Any misdemeanours and breach of this code of conduct will be dealt with immediately by a Club official.