President and Chair
Term: 2 years
Workload per week: 1- 5 hours
Description: The President is responsible for the ultimate achievement of the strategic ambitions of the club, as well as the overall management of its operational activities.
- Chair meetings and act as senior club officer, by making decisions whenever the need arises, in consultation with other club officers when appropriate.
- Attend meetings in a neutral and uncommitted capacity and enable the group to have a meaningful discussion with a neutral person in the chair.
- Provide direction for the club by effective leadership and management.
- Monitor and evaluate the progress of agreed actions- both short term and strategic.
- Ensure that succession and forward planning are integral and ongoing in the club.
- Constitute any special working groups and ensure their activities are reported to the executive.
- Manage the other club officer to ensure the delivery of their responsibilities
- Ensure that the club structure and responsibilities are transparent and available to the membership.
- The chair must work in close liaison with the management committee, club secretary and treasurer.
- Act as mediator in the event that disagreements arise between sub committees or members.
- Ensure the safety statement is reviewed regularly and its operation monitored.
- To be the central person involved with the strategic planning of the club and monitor the plans progress through the year.