Term- 2 years or longer
Workload per week- 0- 2 hours
The clubs children’s officer is appointed by the club to implement the directions of the national governing body and the sports council in relation to child welfare and to follow the policies laid out in the code of conduct in children’s sport.
- Act in the best interest of juniors and vulnerable adults in the club.
- Have completed the children’s officer training course run by the sports council.
- Be fully familiar with the provisions of the code and policy and with such further information which may be required by the IAAA or sports council.
- Communicate with the NCO of the IAAA and the sports council representative through the local sports partnership.
- Inform the club of requirements made by the IAAA or sports council.
- Ensure they are in a position to respond accurately and promptly to queries as to the welfare of juniors and vulnerable adults in the club.