|Indoor Target League Competition, hosted by Wicklow Archers|
|Venue:||Shoreline Leisure Centre,
|League Format:||The league will take place over 11 competitions throughout the year.
Each archer's top 5 scores from the year will be used to calculate their overall league score.
|Shooting Format:||Each competition will consist of 10 ends of arrows per end. (0 arrows)|
|Dates and Times:||Begins on Wednesday 27th of January 2016 from 1/4/17 7:30 pm until 1/4/17 9:00 pm
Dates and times may change. Please check our calendar and "Club Notices" on the home page for updates
|Contact:||Please use the contact form at the bottom of this page|
|Download Results:||Remote File at www.dropbox.com|
The Wicklow Archers “Archer of the Year” competition is an annual, in-house competition of monthly shoots. Archers’ final scores are tallied in November, with each archer’s 5 best month’s scores used for the final count.
The awards are presented in December, shortly before Christmas.
- All beginners start on a 10m target
- When an archer scores 220 or more they automatically progress to the next level at the next month’s competition. An archer cannot move back to a previous level.
- If a Recurve archer shoots a score of 250 or more at full distance, they must move into the Elite category
- If a Compound archer shoots a score of 270 or more at full distance, they must move into the Elite category
- Scores will be added together every month to calculate ranking in each category.
- At the end of the year the Archer of the Year will be chosen from their top 5 scores through the year.
250+ Recurve category rules can be found here
270+ Compound category rules can be found here
|Advanced||3-Spot (40cm for Barebow)||18m||White|
|An athlete may participate in a||Youth class||in tournaments when the competition takes place up to or in the year of their||13th||birthday|
|Master class||in tournaments when the competition takes place in the year of their||50th||birthday or thereafter|
How to get involved
The Archer of the Year monthly competitions are normally held during our club nights in Shoreline Leisure Centre on the last Wednesday of every month (except December). Check the calendar for the next Archer of the Year competition.